Thursday, June 2, 2011

Choking in the greenest yard

the lights look dim,
my head feels numb,
I'm choking hard,
in the greenest yard,

the air is clean,
the plants all green,

but still it feels like a dissolving scene,
the trees look weird,
they seem to be twisting,
there's something wrong,

I'm choking,
and it feels like i wont survive long.
my mouth is gaping, trying hard,
but I wonder whats amiss,

why is it that I'm choking like this?
what is it that's stopping the air,

I'm choking today in the greenest yard.

suddenly there's a whisper in my ear,
get up my dear,
come a little near.
I struggle and kick about
to get on my feet,
the head aching like mad,
as if it would split,
when the whisper turns loud,

it sounds like a song,
telling me whats wrong,
letting me know whats amiss,
why I feel like I'm getting the
cold kiss,
its because I haven't let my spirit breathe,
I've been alive,
but I haven't been living,
I need to get the air
to my spirit that's crumbling,
to breathe, to feel alive,
to feel the breeze against my hair,
to sing that song,
for which my soul has longed,
to feel free,
to run along.

I finally get up,
my choking,
its gone,
I'm gonna breathe,
my choking, its gone.

© Sireesh.Y ,2011

12 comments:

  1. I hope you don't have asthma ..:P .. its a nice poem but looks like you were in a hurry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaa.. :P i confess. had a good start but lost focus towards the end..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itz not a Confession dear. . . Readers would get Confused if itz the same person all along the lines :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahaha you can be assured its me
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. u choked on the choking ..:P thats all other than that its good

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome... never thought i would say it, but today i felt like i was choking in the greenest yard... sexy piece bro, sexy piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow .. upcomming poet

    ReplyDelete

Followers